Ports of Entry: Sisseton 605.224.7364 | Sioux Falls 605.224.7364 | Jefferson 605.224.7364 | Tilford 605.224.7364

South Dakota Truck Information


South Dakota Logo

New Carrier

If you are a new carrier and you will be traveling through South Dakota, you will need to be licensed with your base jurisdiction under IRP, IFTA, and UCR.

If you are a new carrier and South Dakota is your base state and you plan to travel to other jurisdictions, you will need to license under the IRP, IFTA, and UCR.

Please see the links on the left for more information.

Click here for permit descriptions or see Chapter 4 of the Motor Carrier Handbook.
USDOT Number Application Website
Educational and Technical Assistance (ETA) package:  Motor Carrier's Guide to Improving Highway Safety